Are you passionate about increasing the reach of effective vegan education? Do you believe in the universal right to free, accessible, solid information about the ethical, environmental, health and social impacts of the animal products and exploitation industries? Help build the Bite Size Vegan volunteer team!
Bite Size Vegan is seeking a Volunteer Team Leader to help build a functional and productive (primarily remote) volunteer team. You would be a key individual in the transition of Bite Size Vegan from a "one-woman-show" to a team-based, nonprofit educational organization.
You would be working directly with Bite Size Vegan’s founder, meeting in-person when needed, but primarily interacting remotely with volunteers. A passion for vegan education, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and thrive in a remote setting are a must.
- Passion for increasing the reach of open-access, barrier-free effective vegan education
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- An aptitude for quick and independent learning, including new software, applications and platforms; experience with working remotely is a plus
- Can manage time effectively, organizing and completing multiple projects within set deadlines
- Experience in volunteering; involvement with online-based volunteering is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Experience in recruiting through various methods with a focus on remote/online sourcing and management is a plus
- Exquisite organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and prioritizing abilities
- Ability to work at least 12 hours a week
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (writing position description postings, newsletters, social media outreach, etc.)
- Keep records of volunteers’ information (skills, abilities, assignments, etc.)
- Match the best-suited volunteers for specific projects and tasks according to their skills, experience and availability
- Orient and train incoming volunteers; create tutorials and orientation materials when needed
- Communicate frequently with volunteers on the project management platform to ensure they are well-placed, engaged, motivated, and satisfied; be available to address questions and concerns
- Find “stand out” reliable volunteers to take on higher levels of responsibility and leadership
- Design effective ways of recognizing and rewarding the efforts of volunteers; help cultivate a sense of community
- Ensure the purpose of projects and tasks in relation to the nonprofit’s mission are clearly communicated
- As the team grows, assess and report suggestions when it is time to expand with opening additional positions